Tuesday 8 May 2012

Waving Goodbye by Georgina Buckland


The thundering roar struck my ear,
That’s when I knew the end was here.
So, now, me and my family must forever part,
And split in two is my heart.
As at that point, that’s when I knew,
My life would soon be fully blue.

I always hoped that I’d leave Earth,
Along with my whole lives worth.
But now MUST be my time to die,
So to my life, I’ll wave goodbye.

I’ll try to think of something more,
Than just the blue creeping door to door,
Are my feet still there - I can’t feel...
Now, this is becoming dramatically real.
Closer, much closer, and finally here,
So overwhelming. So cold I forgot the fear.

I won’t struggle, I won’t fight,
As I think my time is right.
I’ll keep my eyes shut but I won’t pretend,
That I don’t know this is the end.

Screams, shouts, gasps for breath,
Calls, tears, and finally death. . . NO GOING BACK.

My poem has the colour blue running through it as it represents the colour of the ice cold sea that eventually sank the Titanic. I am writing as a person on the Titanic who believes it may be their time to die. I wrote the poem as to set a sad, fearful atmosphere and I believe that it has been successful. I made my poem rhyme as I think it sets the scene and makes it more interesting. I was inspired by the wordle that I made and also the actual story of the Titanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment